Features of registration, renewal, deletion of domain names
- 14.04.2023, 10:24
Domain name registration
The first step in creating a website is to register a domain name. The domain name registration process takes into account several features that ensure the security and validity of the domain name. Some of the most important features when registering domain names are:
- Availability. Before registering a domain name, you need to check its availability. Checking the availability of a domain name indicates that the name you need is not already in use by someone else.
- Registration. Once you have verified that the domain name is available, you can register it. The registration process involves providing personal and contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone number.
- Verification. After receiving the registration data, the domain name registrar will verify the information provided. This verification process ensures that the person registering the domain name is legitimate.
- Payment. Domain name registration is paid. The payment process for domain name registration is usually made by credit card.
Domain name renewals
A domain name registration is usually valid for 1 to 10 years, after which it must be renewed. Domain name renewal involves several features that ensure the continuity of the domain name. These include:
- Expiration of the domain name. A domain name expires if it is not renewed during the registration period. Upon expiration, the domain name becomes inactive and the website associated with it becomes inaccessible.
- Domain name renewal. To renew a domain name, the owner must pay a renewal fee. The renewal fee is usually equal to the registration fee.
- Grace period for a domain name. Most domain registrars offer a grace period after the expiration of a domain name. The grace period allows the owner to renew the domain name without any additional fees.
Domain name deletion
Domain name deletion involves the permanent removal of a domain name from the Internet infrastructure.
The procedure for domain name deletion is as follows:
- First, you need to contact the registrar with a request to remove the domain from the registry.
- Confirmation of deletion from the domain owner.
- The registrar performs the deletion procedure.
Domain name deletion involves several functions that ensure the security and validity of the deletion process. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Domain name deletion request. In order to delete a domain name, the registrant must send a domain name deletion request to the registrar.
- Domain name redemption period. After deletion of a domain name, the period of its restoration begins. During this period, the holder of the registration certificate may restore the domain name by paying the restoration fee.
- Confirmation of domain name deletion. At the end of the redemption period, the domain name is permanently deleted.
Domain names are an important component of your website, so it is important to ensure that they function properly.