Here are the basic rules for creating a secure password.
- Use different passwords for different services. When you use the same password for different services, it creates a huge risk. If a hacker «hacks» one of your accounts, he or she has access to all the others that use the same password. That’s why it’s important to have different passwords for different services.
- Use long passwords. Long passwords are harder to crack than short ones. It is recommended to use passwords that are at least 8−12 characters long.
- Use combinations of characters. Combinations of characters (numbers, upper and lower case letters, and special characters) make passwords more difficult to crack. For example, the password «P@ssw0rd» is more difficult to crack than the simple password «password».
- Avoid using personal data. Avoid using personal information such as name, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc. as a password. This data is easily accessible to hackers who can use it to «hack» your accounts.
- Do not store passwords in the open. Do not store your passwords publicly on your computer, mobile device, or online services. If a hacker gains access to your device, they can easily find your passwords and use them for criminal purposes. Use password managers to store your passwords in an encrypted form.
- Change your passwords periodically. It is recommended that you change your passwords periodically to prevent them from being «cracked». This is especially important for services that contain sensitive information, such as bank accounts or personal emails.
- Use two-step authentication. Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an additional layer of security for your account. When you log in to your account, in addition to your password, you will need to enter an additional code that can be received on your mobile device or other connected device. This makes your account more secure from hacker attacks.
Thus, creating a secure password is an important task to ensure the protection of personal information. By following the basic rules for creating a strong password, you can ensure that your information is protected online. Don’t forget that keeping your password secure is an ongoing process, so it’s important to remember to change your passwords periodically and use two-step authentication.